Monday, November 29, 2010


so here i sit at the airport with wayy to much time on my hands, and a computer battery that's draining a bit more minute by minute.
in the spirit of giving thanks due to this past weekend's festivities, i would like to share a bit of what i am thankful for (more or less).
- my family: although we can be at each others throats about 75% of the day, the remaining 25% are what make me remember how thankful i am for this crazy, little bunch of people. sometimes it's just the tiniest things that remind me why i love spending time with my family.
like traveling first class (for the first time ever) in a seat next to my mom while she sips on rum and coke and i make silly alcoholic jokes to her. or meowing to every song that comes on the radio and horrifically singing along to christmas classics while marshall tells me he's gonna hit me if i don't shut up, and dad says i'm funny.
like cheering on my bro during soccer tourneys, game after game, even though the blistering winter wind is continually smacking me in the face, and all i really want to do is go back in the nice warm rental car with the tush toasters and the satellite radio.
like rushing to get to the airport at 4 in the morning, and whoever is out the door last is a rotten egg and is making life harder for everyone, until we reach the airport gate and learn our flight has been moved to a later time. then we all sit spaced out by at least one seat on the same row of chairs, crankily pouting and mad at life. no longer solely mad at each other, but joining hands and uniting in anger at delta airlines. family. oh yeah.
- my home: it always takes being away from home for at least a few days for me to realize, not only how much i love salt lake, but how much i love living there. i mean, vegas can be fun for a couple hours as long as you're shopping. but it's moments like these when i'm just ready to be home. moments when i think about my puppies and hope they're doing okay in the cold. when i think about my friends back home and can't wait to see them. even after only 4 days. so yes, even i, the girl who's least favorite season is winter and cannot stand the snow, am excited to return to the city coated in a thick, white blanket. salt lake, i'm comin.
- my faith: being away at college can certainly take a toll on your relationship with Christ. i walked onto campus hoping my faith would withstand the forces of temptation, and stay invincible forever. however, it has proven to be more difficult as i find myself making less and less time for Him every day. over this weekend, away from everyday distractions, i focused a bit more on, once again, making Christ a part of my daily life. i'm nowhere near where i should be, or where i once was, but i'm working on it. i am so grateful that despite distractions and temptations, i found that i haven't let go of my faith nearly as much as i thought i had. that is truly something to be thankful for.
- my education: i have the opportunity to attend an amazing college, and work towards a degree that will assist me in becoming whoever, and whatever i choose (even if i don't know what that is yet). i am able to be taught by great professors and have as much assistance available to me as needed. i am so thankful to be financially supported by my parents, and know that they will continue to support me throughout my life. i am proud to say that i am pushed to do my best in all i come face to face with, and that i feel i have been pretty successful thus far in my college career.
so thanks. that's all i have to say. thanks.

to the broskie: happy bday <3

No comments:

Post a Comment